Vegan Energy Bars (gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup peanut / almond butter
- 1 cup of coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 200 gr of dark chocolate (70%)
Place first three ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Press the mixture evenly into your pan and place in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 mins.
Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces. In a heatproof bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate. Add coconut oil and mix well. Spread the melted chocolate evenly over the energy bars and refrigerate for about 20 mins. Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Enjoy.